Youth and Teen Mini grant program guidelines
The Southern Michigan Recreation and Park Association (SMRPA) is proud to offer a mini-grant program aimed at youth and teen programming and events. The purpose of the mini-grant program is to provide short-term, one-time limited funding to youth and teen services and events for individual members and programmers of the association AND/OR teen or youth group councils that operate in communities within the geographical boundaries of the association.
A maximum of FOUR reimbursable $250 grants will be awarded each year. Awarded grantees are selected by a select committee of SMRPA Members.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Any current and active SMRPA Member may apply for grant dollars to supplement new events or programs within their agency or under their direct supervision.
- Any current and active SMRPA member may apply for grant dollars to supplement new events or programs that benefit Youth and Teens on a Regional Level
- .Any Youth or Teen Group affiliated within a community that has at least one (1) current SMRPA Member.
- Any Individual Youth or Teen affiliated with a service organization (i.e. Scouts) within a community that has at least one (1) current SMRPA Member.
ELIGIBLE GRANT ACTIVITIES
A broad range of activities/supplies are eligible, as long as they support and address the needs of youth and teens through recreational programming such as:
- Physical activity equipment and supplies
- Programs or events that focus on personal development (art, music, fitness)
- Enhancement of a local park or center
- Youth and Teen trips and social events
- Community gardens
- Fruit and vegetable snack programs
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING APPLICATIONS
- Applications that are thoroughly completed and all responses clearly illustrated
- Program, service or event illustrates ability to meet the personal and social needs of youth and teens
- Likelihood of success of the program or event
- Prudent Budget – whole or partial subsidy and underwriting of program, service or event?
UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM OR EVENT (REPORTING)
Upon completion of the program or event, the following must take place in order for the agency/group to be fully reimbursed for the grant award.
- Submit a brief written report to the regional group describing the success of the program.
- Present (in person if possible) the results of the program to the regional group including any photos, social media and/or testimonials.
- Submit all necessary financial reports and receipts for payment processing.