Tuesday March 5, 2019 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Canton Summit on the Park (46000 Summit Parkway, Canton, MI 48188)
mParks Members $285 / Non- Members $295 (lunch included)
The National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) will offer a special onsite Academy for Youth Sports Administrators for professionals pursuing the Certified Youth Sports Administrator (CYSA) credential. mParks and NAYS believe that every community should have at least one CYSA overseeing organized youth sports programs.
Completing the Academy gives youth sports administrators a strong foundation of knowledge on issues pertaining to overseeing youth sports programs in today’s ever-changing environment. Some of the topics covered through the Academy are youth sports philosophy, professional development, volunteer management, child abuse prevention, parent management, conflict resolution, insurance and risk management, program evaluation and marketing. More than 3,500 professionals from around the world have earned this important certification.
At the conclusion of any Onsite Academy, participants are required to complete the Academy and certification process online. Upon successful completion of the onsite training and the online exam, the Certified Youth Sports Administrator (CYSA) credential is awarded.
- Participate with other professionals in a live, face-to-face training opportunity.
- Receive onsite training materials and complete the certification process via online area.
- Gain valuable information from a knowledgeable faculty.
- Network and share materials with other youth sports professionals from around the world.
- Remain current with trends/issues.
- Continued online access to the CYSA Area for your entire two-year CYSA cycle which includes the CYSA Forum, the CYSA Share Area, and more.
- Gain essential information to help improve your programs.
- Become a leader in your community.
- Demonstrate your professional commitment to the field of youth sports.
- Become part of an elite group of professionals that have also earned the CYSA designation!
Administrators in key decision-making positions within public agencies providing parks, recreation and similar community services, Sports Leagues Directors & field management staff.
0.6 CEUs available