Why Join the Mentorship Program?
Mentorship is one of the greatest ways an individual can grow in both their personal and professional lives. The mParks Mentorship Program is designed to provide an avenue for outstanding individuals looking for a way to give back to the profession and to impact the career of fellow parks and recreation professionals. This structured program is made to create a foundation for a lifelong relationship between Mentors/Mentees. Participants are asked to expand their horizons and grow into a place where they can help others become their best.
- Build and expand upon your leadership skills.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Challenge yourself to learn new perspectives.
- Expand your network.
- Pass your knowledge to new Parks & Recreation professionals.
- Build a 1-on-1 relationship with an experienced professional.
- Create a connection for wisdom, advice, and guidance.
- Develop and enhance your current knowledge and skills.
- Expand your network with personal connections.
- Create lasting leadership and management skills.
The Professional Mentorship Program is encouraged for both part-time and full-time professionals currently working within the Parks & Recreation field. The program is designed to enhance the quality of both professional skills and job performance for those actively working in the profession. The more information provided on your application, the more accurate your mentorship connection. Special circumstances outside of the standard mentee/mentor qualifications may be needed. If your application involves a special circumstance, please contact the New Professionals Board to discuss your options.