Healthy Recreation Catalyst Grant
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is pleased to announce the availability of recreation funds for mParks agency members as part of the MI Big Green Gym
The Healthy Recreation Catalyst Award is designed to provide funding for projects that enhance outdoor recreation opportunities for children, families or older adults to increase their physical activity.
Must be a mParks agency member in good standing
- Projects must be completed between November 1, 2019 and October 31, 2020
- Proposal between $1 and 5,000 (to fund all or part of a project)
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS : A total of $10,000 is available and up to ten awards will be given. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan will make the final recipient selections. No matching funds are required. Funds are expected to be issued by November 2019.
Applications that contain the following elements may receive priority consideration:
- Focus on providing a new opportunity for children, families, or older adults to increase their physical activity;
- Projects/programs to increase utilization of existing assets, or a new program that is sustainable after initial catalyst funding;
- Preference will be given to proposals that leverage local support and include community partners (health care provider, media partner, business organizations, etc).
- Applications are due on Friday, October 4, 2019.
Winners will be announced November 2019 and funds are expected to be disbursed in November 2019.
Eligible projects may be contacted to submit additional information if the review committee decides more detail is necessary.
Only one application per agency/organization will be accepted. Please discuss the application with your department before submitting.