What is CPSI?
The Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) course and exam is offered by the National Certification Board in coordination with the National Recreation and Park Association and the Michigan Recreation and Park Association.
Certified individuals are trained to properly inspect playgrounds for safety hazards and ensure compliance with national standards set by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Who Should Attend?
The CPSI course is important for school districts, municipalities, playground manufacturers, childcare facilities, insurance companies, and other organizations that are responsible for playgrounds and playground equipment.
Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, NRPA has canceled the remaining “in person” courses for 2020. The CPSI course that was scheduled for the end of September in Novi will now be provided as a “Blended Course." All registrants have been emailed of the options.
CPSI Blended Course
- CPSI Online Prep Course
- Live Virtual Course led by a CPSI Instructor via Zoom
- Choose a date for live instruction: September 29, September 30, October 1, October 2
- CPSI Exam at a local computer testing center
Step One – CPSI Online Prep Course
- Course participants will receive an email from NRPA with information on how to access the CPSI Online Prep Course.
- The CPSI Online Prep Course is self-paced, approximately 12 hours in length and must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the live virtual training session.
Step Two – Live Virtual Course
- The virtual training course will be done via Zoom, will be one day and will be 4 hours in length. (8am-12pm)
- The live virtual course will be led by a CPSI Instructor.
- Participants have the option of selecting the preferred date of their live virtual training (9/29, 9/30, 10/1, 10/2)
- Participants that are registered for the CPSI exam will now be taking the exam at a local computer testing center.
- Participants will receive an email with information on how to schedule the exam approximately one week prior to the Live Virtual Course
Thank you Sponsors