The Michigan Recreation and Park Association honors exemplary park and recreation professionals and citizen advocates through the Association’s annual awards. Award winners serve as an inspiration to our membership and embody the core values of the profession, demonstrating the highest level of performance in their job duties, as well as a tremendous commitment to mParks and its membership.
Agency and individual professional members of the Michigan Recreation and Park Association are eligible to submit award nominations. mParks vendor members are encouraged to collaborate with agency or individual members on design nominations, but may not nominate a project independently.
The nomination application for the 2018-19 mParks Annual Awards is now open.
All successful nominators and their award winners will receive formal notification prior to November 7, 2018. Nominations for all individual awards will be considered for an additional year from the date submitted.
- October 5, 2018 - Annual Award Nominations due to mParks
- January 29 - February 1, 2019 - Annual Awards presented at mParks Conference & Trade Show
- January 9, 2019 - Community Service Award Nomination Form Distributed to Members
- March 15, 2019 - Community Service Award Nominations Due
- April 17, 2019 - Community Service Award Ceremony