Friday, May 19 | 10:00am-3:00pm
Lakeland High School (1630 Bogie Lake Road, White Lake, MI)
Join other aquatic professionals from across the state for this one day training specifically designed for aquatic supervisors. Topics to include customer service, supervision, how to address unique situations and traumatic issues.
- 9:30-10:00am Registration & Check-in
- 10:00-10:15am Introductions/Icebreakers
10:15-10:45am Customer Service – Share how you would manage a common topic as a manager/supervisor during this interactive and unpredictable session.
10:45-11:30am Supervising Staff – In this role play session, participants will act out real life scenarios and address what to look for and how to act professionally while keeping patrons and staff safe.
- 11:30-12:00pm Unpredictable Situations/Lunch – During this roundtable discussion you will be able to share stories that have happened in your facility.
- 12:00-1:00pm Post Traumatic Issues – What will you do when faced with a traumatic issue? Learn what to do during the event to address the situation and how all the follow up and reporting is done afterward. Topics include communicating with staff, the public and family of the victim. What reports need to be filled out, what about the media, what about EMS and Police, when does the facility reopen? How do you handle the emotions of a traumatic issue? These topics and more will be addressed during this session.
- 1:00-2:45pm In-service Trainings – Please send your in-service topics ahead of the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org. The session will discuss useful and successful ideas on conducting in service trainings.
- 2:45-3:00pm Round Table Discussion & Wrap up
Cost: $10 per person (lunch included)