APPLY FOR A GRANT
- Must be an mParks agency member in good standing
- Projects must be completed between August 1, 2017 and July 2018
- Proposal between $1 and 5,000 (to fund all or part of a project)
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: A total of $15,000 is available and up to ten awards will be given. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan will make the final recipient selections. No matching funds are required. Funds are expected to be issued by August 2017.
APPLICATIONS THAT CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS MAY RECEIVE PRIORITY CONSIDERATION:
- Focus on providing a new opportunity for children, families, or older adults to increase their physical activity;
- Projects / programs to increase utilization of existing assets, or a new program that is sustainable after initial catalyst funding;
- Preference will be given to proposals that leverage local support and include community partners (health care provider, media partner, business organizations, etc).
DEADLINE & ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS:
- Applications are due on Friday, May 26, 2017. Winners will be announced on or before July 1, 2017 in celebration of July as National Parks and Recreation Month and funds are expected to be disbursed by August 2017.